Saturday 11 June 2011

Luck is a Lady

I’ve been having one of those weeks during which I swear I’m the magnet for misfortune. Yesterday, I discovered I had lost my wallet (credit cards, Identity card; the whole she-bang.) The airline tickets to Kuala Lumpur I had been saving up for ever have been sold out just (of course.) And need I mention that I am still homeless? Yes, my plans for a stable roof over my shoulder did not fall through. Living out of a suitcase is not the most fun thing in the world. Sign. On a happy note, last weekend’s scars have finally cleared up.  I’m also naturally quite klutzy. Case in point: Junior High. I was that girl who loved to ‘attack the floor,’ if you want to think about it like that. Hell, forget floor, make that staircase, road side, football pitch, wires -- you name it.  However, as well as being genetically dispositioned to  falling over random objects, these past few days seem to be particularly bad.
Perhaps the best recommendation I’ve heard is that bad things happen to replace even worse things that would have happened instead.
Kinda like that cliché: “Everything happens for a reason.” Although I am not a fan of the ‘life just unfolds’ concept, you must admit makes whatever rut we may be going through a little less heavy on our mind.
I’m a dreamer, can you tell? And I’m sure you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment