Friday 2 September 2011

Getting in Shape



I never used to be a big gym person or a runner. In fact I’m pretty sure I was coincidentally ‘sick’ on the days we had P.E back in school. For as long as I can remember the only way I can get myself to exercise is if it’s fun.

But lately I’ve been developing a strange liking for the gym – I’ll wake up super early, hit the treadmill, do some stretching and then IF I REALLY CAN’T GET ENOUGH I’ll do laps around the pool.

I have become that person.

I blame bikini season, gluttony and quite frankly because I’m not the one who’s paying for it.

When I get back to the rain, wind and cold of London, away from the comfort zone of staying with relatives and a shrinking bank account, I’ll get out of this Gym Bunny phase, I promise.

On that note, here are my top 5 ways I like to stay in shape without feeling like it’s a chore:

  1. Zumba – the new craze in fitness which involves a blend of cardio and rhythms of Latin and Hip Hop music. Literally a party in your living room!
  2. Yoga & Pilates – You may think it’s overrated… till you try it! It’s honestly one of the best ways to stretch out your limbs and work on your core strength. I’ve even found this website which lets you stream videos for free and guides you the whole way through to keep you motivated.
  3.  Swimming – I’m spoiled by having grown up in Cyprus where the beach is 10 minutes away. Swimming is and always has been one of my favourite ways to have fun while working out!
  4. Late night sit-ups – No judgement, we’ve all been there.
  5. Dancing – I think impromptu dance parties should be a normal thing in every household. And let me tell you, it’s the best way to burn some calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment